Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Have You Seen Vin Mazzaro?

Zimbio
I'm sorry to interrupt your twitter and Facebook feed but this is important.  Have any of you seen the man pictured above?  His name is Vin Mazzaro and he is a very effective reliever in the MLB.  He was last seen in Pittsburgh in May and we are now becoming concerned about his whereabouts.  If you have any information, please contact the Pittsburgh Pirates as soon as possible.

All kidding aside, it is like Vin Mazzaro is missing isn't it?  I mean he was one of the most effective relievers in the bullpen last season and now that the Pirates are struggling in the bullpen, he's in Triple A?  It really does not make sense at all.

It's not like Mazzaro is under performing in Indy either.  He has a 2.23 ERA in Triple A right now and a FIP of 3.67.  That really doesn't concern me.  Mazzaro pitched above his FIP last year too.  He is really helped by the Pirates' defense and that's why he pitches so well here.

Knowing this, I just continue to ask myself why Mazzaro is still pitching at that clip in Indy when it is obvious that he is a better option than Jeanmar Gomez, Justin Wilson and Ernesto Frieri. 

And as an aside, I want to point out that he would also be a better option than Jason Grilli and Bryan Morris if they were still here.  The facts are that both pitchers had zero confidence in Pittsburgh anymore.  They would still be their pathetic selves if they were in Pittsburgh.  Now back to Mazzaro.

And by writing this article I wanted to make you aware that he is still alive and in the system if you were wondering.  But although he is alive, I came to the conclusion that he must be missing or he would be in Pittsburgh.  So I'll ask again, have you seen Vin Mazzaro?

No comments:

Post a Comment